Banana and blueberry muffins recipe
With thanks to Charlotte Stirling-Reed in partnership with AVEENO® Baby
These gorgeous banana and blueberry muffins are bursting with flavour.
1 ripe banana, mashed
- 75mls olive oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 100mls oat milk or milk of choice
- 1 lemon
- 100g plain flour
- 50g rolled oats (+ a little extra for topping)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Whisk the mashed banana, the oil, vanilla, vinegar and milk together until fairly smooth (some banana lumps are fine)
- Grate in the zest of one lemon to the mix and stir well
- Add the oats, flour, baking powder and bicarb and fold it into the mixture
- Gently stir in the blueberries
- Spread the mixture out amongst 12 cupcake cases and top with a scattering of oats on top of each. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
AVEENO® Baby brand is excited to announce the partnership with registered nutritionist and influencer Charlotte Stirling-Reed, otherwise known as @SR_nutrition, for Allergy Awareness Week, to bring parents a nutritious and delicious recipe to create at home for the whole family. Find out more on Instagram @sr_nutrition and @aveenobabyukire or Twitter #Aveenobaby and #AllergyAwarenessWeek.
Disclaimer: The views and advice given in this article are those of the guest writer and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Weaning Week or any other organisations represented on this platform