Boiled egg with broccoli and cheese soldiers
With thanks to Annabel Karmel
Here’s the perfect quick-fix lunch. It’s a fresh take on a boiled egg and soldiers.
MAKES: 1 BOILED EGG WITH BROCCOLI AND CHEESE SOLDIERS
1 slice of white bread
1-2 tsp cream cheese
15g Gruyere cheese, grated
3 small stems of Tenderstem broccoli
1 medium British Lion egg
- Pre heat the grill to high.
- Toast the bread in a toaster then place on a baking sheet. Spread over the cream cheese and sprinkle with cheese. Place until the grill for 3-5 minutes until the cheese has melted. Slice into fingers.
- Steam cook the broccoli for 4 minutes, refresh under cold water. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the egg into a small saucepan. Cover with cold water and a lid. Bring up to the boil. Boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes. Put into an eggcup and carefully slice the top off.
- The egg should be runny and ready for dipping!
- Serve with the toasted fingers and broccoli stems.
Get ready to feed your baby confidently with Annabel Karmel’s NEW Digital Weaning Course. With the latest nutrition advice, practical guidance, planners, printable checklists, and brand-new recipes, it’s the go-to resource to help give your baby the best start. Visit www.annabelkarmelweaning.com
£25 OFF promotion for Weaning Week
To celebrate Weaning Week, Annabel is offering £25 OFF her Digital Weaning Course with promo code AKWEANWEEK. Only available from Monday 4th until 17th May, so sign up today!
Disclaimer: The views and advice given in this article are those of the guest writer and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Weaning Week or any other organisations represented on this platform