Butternut squash, pea, broccoli and kale
With thanks to Annabel Karmel
You can choose how smooth or lumpy to make this yummy butternut squash, pea, broccoli and kale dish depending on where your little one is on their weaning journey.
MAKES: 4 PORTIONS
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
200g butternut squash, peeled and diced
350ml unsalted vegetable stock
100g broccoli florets
40g kale leaves, washed and trimmed
50g frozen peas
20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and squash and sauté for 1 minute, then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, kale and peas and simmer for a further 6 – 8 minutes until tender.
- Puree in a blender until smooth or your desired consistency. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
Get ready to feed your baby confidently with Annabel Karmel’s NEW Digital Weaning Course. With the latest nutrition advice, practical guidance, planners, printable checklists, and brand-new recipes, it’s the go-to resource to help give your baby the best start. Visit www.annabelkarmelweaning.com
£25 OFF promotion for Weaning Week
To celebrate Weaning Week, Annabel is offering £25 OFF her Digital Weaning Course with promo code AKWEANWEEK. Only available from Monday 4th until 17th May, so sign up today!
Disclaimer: The views and advice given in this article are those of the guest writer and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Weaning Week or any other organisations represented on this platform