Country style scramble eggs recipe
With thanks to British Lion Eggs in association with Annabel Karmel
This delicious country style scramble eggs recipe makes enough to feed the whole family!
Suitable for: 10+ months
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tomato, deseeded and diced
- 5 British Lion eggs
- 75ml double cream
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan.
- Add the onion, pepper and potato and fry over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 15-20 seconds.
- Cover with a lid and gently cook over a medium heat for 12 minutes until the potato is just cooked. Add the button mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with the cream and Parmesan. Add to the pan along with the diced tomato.
- Stir over the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the eggs have scrambled.
- Sprinkle with the chopped chives and then serve.
Important information about eggs:
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has changed its advice on eggs, confirming they are now safe to be eaten runny, and even raw, by vulnerable groups including infants, children and pregnant women as long as they are British Lion.
About British Lion eggs
Disclaimer: The views and advice given in this article are those of the guest writer and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Weaning Week or any other organisations represented on this platform