Dip dip chickpea and carrot pancakes recipe
With thanks to British Lion Eggs in association with Annabel Karmel
Don’t wait for pancake day to enjoy these scrummy, nutritious pancakes with dippy eggs.
2 (makes 6)
Suitable for: 8+ months
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 30g chickpeas
- 30g carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 30g self-raising flour
- 50ml milk
- 1 British Lion egg
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 British Lion eggs at room temperature
- Put the chickpeas into a processor and whiz until finely chopped.
- Add the carrot, basil, parmesan, flour, milk and egg. Whiz again until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add heaped spoonfuls of the mixture and fry for 2-3 minutes each side. You will make about 6 small pancakes. Set aside.
- Bring a pan of water up to the boil. Add the eggs and boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes so that they are cooked but runny.
- Remove, place in egg cups and carefully slice the tops off. Slice the pancakes into strips and serve next to the eggs for dunking. and dip in.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has changed its advice on eggs, confirming they are now safe to be eaten runny, and even raw, by vulnerable groups including infants, children and pregnant women as long as they are British Lion.
About British Lion eggs
Disclaimer: The views and advice given in this article are those of the guest writer and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Weaning Week or any other organisations represented on this platform