Dippy eggs with sweet potato soldiers recipe
With thanks to British Lion Eggs in association with Annabel Karmel
Stand to attention! This recipe for dippy eggs with sweet potato soldiers is both fun and nutritious
Suitable for: 8+ months
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato scrubbed and cut into thick batons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 British Lion eggs at room temperature
- Preheat the oven 180˚C Fan / 400˚ F / Gas 6.
- Place the sweet potato batons on a baking tray. Add the oil and cornflour and toss together. Roast for 20 minutes, turning them over after 15 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan and put them back in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted. Then set them aside.
- Bring a pan of water up to the boil. Add the eggs and boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes so that they are cooked but runny.
- Remove the eggs, place in egg cups and carefully slice the tops off. Serve with your cheesy veg soldiers for some serious dipping.
Important information about eggs:
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has changed its advice on eggs, confirming they are now safe to be eaten runny, and even raw, by vulnerable groups including infants, children and pregnant women as long as they are British Lion.
About British Lion eggs
Disclaimer: The views and advice given in this article are those of the guest writer and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Weaning Week or any other organisations represented on this platform