Chicken is great as it’s so versatile, plus it is also packed with protein and vitamin B12 to help babies grow. As with this recipe, you can combine it with sweet root vegetables, such as carrot or sweet potato to give it a smooth texture, or add fruit such as apple to give it a slight hint of natural sweetness.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Makes: 3 portions
Suitable for freezing
1 tbsp olive oil
50g onion, chopped
100g chicken breast, cut into chunks
60g carrot, peeled and sliced
300g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 small apple, peeled and chopped
200ml unsalted chicken stock
40g frozen peas
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion for 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken breast and sauté for about 3 minutes
- Add the carrot, sweet potato and apple. Pour over the stock, bring to the boil and simmer, covered for about 12 minutes.
- Add the peas and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Puree in a blender with enough of the cooking liquid to make the desired consistency.
For more recipes from Annabel Karmel visit www.annabelkarmel.com