Egg Brunch Muffins recipe
With thanks to British Lion Eggs in association with Annabel Karmel
These brunch muffins are delicious at any time.
Suitable for: 7+ months
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 6 small new potatoes, diced
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 50g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
For best results use a 12-hole silicone muffin tray
- Preheat the oven 180˚C Fan / 400˚ F / Gas 6.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain, cool and dice.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Add the diced potatoes, red pepper, peas, Cheddar cheese, tomatoes and basil. Mix together.
- Spoon the mixture into 8 muffin holes. Bake for around 20 minutes until well risen, golden brown and set in the middle.
- Leave to cool slightly before removing from the muffin trays. Now pack them into their lunchboxes (that goes for grown-ups too!)
Important information about eggs:
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has changed its advice on eggs, confirming they are now safe to be eaten runny, and even raw, by vulnerable groups including infants, children and pregnant women as long as they are British Lion.
About British Lion eggs
Disclaimer: The views and advice given in this article are those of the guest writer and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Weaning Week or any other organisations represented on this platform