Suitable from 12 months +
There’s no reason why the whole family shouldn’t join in on curry nights – my Chicken Tikka Masala is a must-try with just the right amount of mild spice and flavour.
Prep: 15 minutes (excludes marinating time)
Cook: 45 minutes
Makes: 4 portions
6 tbsp natural yoghurt
½ tsp grated ginger
1 small garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp mild curry powder
2 chicken breasts (approx. 300g), cut into 2cm / 1-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp garam masala
¼ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
200ml chicken stock
1 tbsp clear honey
150ml double cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
- For the marinade, mix together the yoghurt, ginger, garlic and curry powder. Add the chicken and mix to coat. Cover and put in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter and sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Add the garam masala, coriander and ginger and sauté for 5 more minutes until the onion is soft and the spices are fragrant.
- Add the tomato puree, tomatoes, stock, honey and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer for 10 more minutes until thick.
- Line a baking tray with foil and arrange the marinated chicken cubes on it. Grill under a preheated grill for 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through.
- Add cooked chicken and lemon juice to the sauce. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Serve with boiled rice, naan or poppadums.